PARTICIPATION OVERVIEW & GUIDELINES
5-Weeks: Monday, October 1 – Sunday, November 7
Please review all information below before registering: Register Your School To Participate
One Contest, Two Prizes! To participate in the 5-week Mascot Recycling Challenge, Colleges/ Universities need to provide one (1) short video* or one (1) photo* with the school Mascot advocating recycling plastic bottles and report how many plastic bottles are recycled. All submissions must include a short blurb with the video or photo.
- Prize 1: Most Likes & Shares (across all social media platforms)
- Prize 2: Most Plastic Bottles Recycled
- Provide one (1) video (30 seconds or less) or one (1) photo with the YBMJ/Mascot Recycling Challenge brand displayed*. Photo & Video Size Requirements 1:1 ratio.
- Provide a blurb with one (1) video or one (1) photo
- All graphics must include the YBMJ/Mascot Recycling Challenge brand*. Submission will be disqualified, if the content is not branded.
- If you want graphic support, please submit a visual of the Mascot (video or photo*) by Friday, September 10. Email to SC Department of Commerce.
- If the College/University is taking the responsibility of editing the graphic, please submit the final content (video or photo*) by Friday, September 17 (a toolkit with graphics will be provided through email).
- The College/University must TAG (Your Bottle Means Jobs) when posting the graphic on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn - See below). **Please post graphic during the designated time-frame.
- The College/University must use the #MascotRecyclingChallenge hashtag.
- When YBMJ post the College/University’s graphic, the school must Like & Share the graphic on (YBMJ) social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn - See below)
- Track and report recycling tonnage during the time-frame (October 1 – November 7).
- Colleges/Universities must submit the tonnage report (for all recycling) by Monday, November 8.
- Email all graphics and recycling tonnages to SC Department of Commerce
- Monday, November, 15, 2021 – America Recycles Day
- Winners will be contacted and announced on the YBMJ social media platforms
- A winner graphic will be provided for the College/University to share on their social media page
- A trophy will be provided to the winner
- Online Registration (Microsoft Forms): Registration is available Monday, July 19 – Friday, August 6
- Please review all information on this page before registering.
- Friday, September 10: Submit one (1) photo or one (1) video (If you WANT graphic support please submit photo or video)*
- Friday, September 17: Submit one (1) photo or one (1) video (If you DO NOT want graphic support, please submit content with the YBMJ / Recycling Mascot Challenge brand)*
YOUR BOTTLE MEANS JOBS SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook - @SCDOC.YourBottleMeansJobs
- Instagram - @urbotlmeansjobs
- LinkedIn - @your-bottle-means-jobs
- Register Your School To Participate (Please review all information below before registering)
- Download the Participation Overview & Guidelines
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
EXAMPLE OF GRAPHIC FRAME TO BE PROVIDED TO PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS
*Photo & Video Size Requirements 1:1 Ratio